I'm always a fan of Cesare Casella. Courtesy of Daily Candy, this has a good combo of salad and protein:
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil1 tbsp.
- mixed fresh herbs (any combination of rosemary, thyme, basil, savory, chives, oregano, and mint)
- 3½ oz. Italian pancetta, sliced and cut into strips
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 c. mixed salad greens
- 3 tbsp. Pontormo Dressing (recipe follows)
1. Place olive oil, herbs, and pancetta in large frying pan and cook over medium heat.2. When pancetta is transparent (about 5-7 minutes), beat eggs with salt and pepper and scramble everything in the pan. The eggs shouldn’t be too dry. If they are drying, remove from heat and continue stirring.3. Dress greens with the Pontormo dressing, mix in eggs, and serve immediately. (If you want a bit of crunch, add croutons or serve with crusty bread.)
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. red wine
¾ tsp. salt
½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegars and wine. Whisk in salt and pepper, then olive oil.