- 1 box (a pound) thick spaghetti
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes, divided
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup walnuts*
- 1/4 cup pine nuts*
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp
Place basil, 1 cup cherry tomatoes, olive oil, Parmigiano cheese, walnuts, pine nuts, ricotta cheese, salt and pepper in blender or food processor; blend until creamy.
COOK Spaghetti according to package directions; adding cooked shrimp during last one minute of cook time. Drain and return to pot.
ADD pesto sauce to hot Spaghetti with shrimp; toss. Transfer to serving platter; sprinkle with remaining cherry tomatoes.
To use only one variety of nut, double to ½ cup.