Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sarah Rodman: Why I stuck with ER

She might be the only one who understands. I don't think anyone I'm related to actually knows I still watch the show. I fought with my Mom to let me stay up to 10 p.m. when the show first came on, and I was 12, and I'll be on my couch tonight, probably folding laundry and tuning in to the last episode just like Sarah.
She says:

Over the course of its 15-year run and umpteen cast changes, the show may have fallen out of favor with many viewers, Emmy voters, and TV critics, but I've never been able to kick the habit. I may have been unfaithful, but I never abandoned "ER" completely. I would just slink back to it on VHS or in my DVR, admittedly on a night when I had nothing better to do than listen distractedly to the same old stories while I paid the bills or folded the laundry.
After 15 seasons I can't stop watching until the show flatlines forever.