Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I signed up!


Folks, I've talked about it for years....now, I've decided to finally get involved with the Pan Mass Challenge.

Since my wedding is coming up right after this year's ride, I am going to postpone training for the ride until next year. So this year, I'll be volunteering instead. I'll be registering riders on Friday afternoon. This way, I'll be able to get a feel for the ride before I do it myself, which next year I'm determined to do, after I save up for a good road bike and get this wedding planning behind me.

Unlike the riders, I'm not obligated to raise money, but I will be gathering donations to support this worthy cause. Here's a link to donate to my profile if you wish:
http://www.pmc.org/egifts/giftinfo.asp?EgiftID=AM0182

I've written about it for years, and I knew from the very first article I did that I'd be doing this race some day. This is the first step toward me getting there next year.
I'm pumped!