Monday, March 26, 2007

Replacing coffee with water...


.....has been an outright failure. I know that buying coffee every day is silly, so I can see cutting down. But for some reason this weekend I got the bright idea to stop drinking coffee every morning -- except for Wednesday's deadline day, which is an early morning with a late night -- in favor of water, which is supposed to help complexion, health, general wellbeing.


Yeah, not so much. Somehow water doesn't do anything to cure the blinding headache that results from coffee withdrawal. Not only was I yawning every five minutes and rubbing my eyes in a most unprofessional manner, I couldn't think about work at ALL because my mind was stuck on the smell and taste of delicious iced coffee.
And so I bought one. Also I can't stop thinking about the fact that I can't see Mark in FOREVER, which usually I deal with a bit better. The problem is that now I have nothing to look forward to; before, it was "after 'On the Town, I'll get to see him." Now, it's "after the summer, maybe I'll get to see him."
If I can remember who he is at that point!
So, in the meantime, I cling to my next closest codependency: coffee.