Makes 6 servings
Tofu replaces heavy cream in this flavorful no-cook sauce, which is warmed when you toss with the hot cooked pasta.
- 1 cup silken tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pound dried ziti
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. When water boils, add salt and pasta, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, combine remaining ingredients except parsley and process until smooth, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of pasta water to thin sauce to desired consistency. Drain pasta and transfer to serving bowl. Spoon sauce over pasta and toss to mix. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 158, Protein 5g, Total Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 1g, Carbohydrates 23g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 583mg, Fiber 2g